Britain has so much to offer in terms of holiday and short breaks. There is so much to see and do in this country, from breathtaking scenery and historic buildings to modern entertainment. Whatever your interest, Britain has it in abundance. OK, perhaps not so many sunny beaches!
If you are planning on taking a holiday in the UK, anything from a romantic weekend break to a family holidays, then we've got lots of information for you. To find local information check out the city locator which allows you to view information locally for towns, cities and some villages around Britain. If you are looking for accommodation and holiday ideas around Britain please check out these sections:
- Hotels provide an ideal base for short breaks and weekend get-aways.
- Holiday cottages and self catering Holiday accommodation provide an affordable option for longer holidays, especially in remote and rural areas.
- Camping sites are ideal for those on a budget.
- Caravanning Holidays are for those that want something affordable, but not under canvas.
- Holiday Camps are popular, especially with families, as many facilities are available on-site. Activities are also organised by the operators so parents and children can take part in activities that interests them.
- Boating Holidays As Mr. toad would say, "It's the only way to travel." And if you are looking to get away from the crowds on the roads and airports, it certainly is.
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolute nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Mr. toad