Court Barton Cottage No. 4
To see other Court barton properties, click here:
Cottage No. 1 - Cottage No. 2 - Cottage No. 3 - Cottage No. 4
Cottage No. 5 - Cottage No. 6 - Cottage No. 7 - Cottage No. 8
Cottage No. 9 - Cottage No. 10 - Cottage No. 11 - The Loft - The Round House
Court Barton Cottages:
Peacefully situated in a tiny hamlet in one of the loveliest corners of Devon betwixt Salcombe and Thurlestone are the attractive group of converted Georgian barns that comprise Court Barton. Set in beautiful landscaped gardens and grounds of four acres, the cottages surround two attractive courtyards and the majority have superb, uninterrupted views down the valley to the sea at Thurlestone/South Milton Sands. The cottages enjoy the use of both outdoor and indoor swimming pools, games room with table tennis and pool, an all-weather tennis court, and the grounds include an orchard and croquet lawn. Should you wish to leave the comfort of this delightful place, less than a mile away is the beach at Thurlestone Sands, wonderful for sunbathing, swimming and watersports, with the village of Thurlestone itself a little further on with its famous links golf course. The beautiful sailing mecca of the Salcombe estuary with its golden beaches is only 3 miles. This is a gorgeous spot, ideal for walking, golf, bird watching, sailing and all types of watersports.
Court Barton is approached along a private drive and each cottage has a parking space and there is plenty of visitor parking. Grouped around and accessed from two flower filled courtyards, with manicured lawns, each cottage has either its own private terrace or balcony provided with garden furniture. The extensive grounds are enclosed and bordered by fields with outstanding views down to the sea.
- Outdoor swimming pool. 5m x 9.8m heated and available from May to September weather permitting.
- Indoor swimming pool. 5.5m x 11m heated and available all year. His and Hers changing rooms. Shower room with basin and WC.
- Tennis Court. Hard court, set in a peaceful location in the grounds. Rackets and balls provided.
- Croquet Lawn. Beautifully maintained. Croquet set provided. Built-in barbecue alongside.
- Reception. This is manned from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday, Thursday and Friday in high season (may vary in low and mid season). A comfortable area close to reception is provided with Broadband WiFi and seating for those who wish to catch up on those essential emails (available only during reception open hours). WiFi is accessible around the pool area at all times.
Applicable to all cottages (except The Roundhouse):
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi available in reception area and some properties, electricity, heating and all on site facilities included. Cots and high chairs available by arrangement.
- Pets: Please see individual pages. All dogs must be well behaved and kept on leads within the grounds. Special dog walking area provided.
- Telephone: Calls are logged and must be settled before departure at reception. No mobile reception.
- Local Facilities: Beach South Milton Sands 1 mile. Hope Cove under 2 miles. Shop and pubs 1¼ miles at Malborough. Salcombe 3 miles.
Court Barton Cottage No.4 Accommodation:
Tucked in the corner of the lower courtyard, this cottage enjoys glorious sea views from the living room, private terrace and both bedrooms.
Hallway with cloakroom, basin and WC. Door into roomy living room with two generous sofas, one a 4ft 6in sofa-bed, TV/DVD and dining table to seat 6. New kitchen including iduction hob, oven, fridge freezer, washing machine and microwave. Superb views from sliding patio doors and terrace across farmland to the sea. Open tread stairs to landing. Double bedroom with 3ft zip linked beds. Twin bedroom with 3ft beds. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC.
Outside: The private terrace has new wooden furniture and the views of the sea and valley are due west offering maginificent views.
Map and Directions
Special offer, 20% discount for Christmas and New Year weeks.
- Changeover day: Friday
- Short breaks