Winter Driving Tips
Here are some useful tips to help ourselves and others on the roads.
- It is a good idea to check the weather forecast before you go anywhere especially on a long journey
- It is always best if you can allow extra time for your journey so that you are not in a rush and a danger on the roads
- Carry a shovel in the boot!
- Do not over-rev your engine or your wheels will spin
- Use as high a gear as possible in order to improve your grip
- On driving up hills it is best to build up your speed gradually
- Always brake gently and in plenty of time
- Keep more distance than usual from the car in front
- If you break down or have to abandon your vehicle at any time, try to push it off the carriageway or road