Located in Cathedral Close, this is a small Saxon church, consecrated on July 6th in the year 1065, was dedicated to St. Martin of Tours, who was patron saint of beggars. This Church has a prominent tower, which can easily be seen from the area behind the current Dingles building. The church also has one bell. The stonework around the windows was quarried from Beer, a small fishing village in East Devon. It is one of only three churches in Devon known to preserve Saxon masonry.
(c) 2000 sean creech
The church contains several ancient artefacts, such as the font and the altar rails. Parts of the church were rebuilt in the 15th century, using local Heavitree stone. The photograph, taken in 2001 from Cathedral Close, shows the front of the Church, with it's notable Chancel Arch. The porch was added in the 19th century.
To the right of this church is Mol's Coffee House.