Buying Flowers Online
Shopping online for flowers in the United Kingdom is easy to do, as many florists have the facilities to offer to send flowers via the Internet. An online florist is essential if you want to send flowers to someone in another town or city (or even country), or if you wish to remain anonymous. An online florist is also an excellent option if you are disabled and can't get out to a florist, or if you simply do not have time to go shopping for a present.
When shopping for your flower delivery, you need to ensure that the online florist delivers to the place you want, and can offer a guaranteed delivery date. Reputable online florists will often have a network of florists they join forces with in various places, enabling them to deliver in almost any location on specific delivery dates. Remember that deliveries usually cannot be carried out on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
You also need to ensure that the online florist offers the following:
- Check that the florist uses an encryption system, so your credit card details are secure;
- Check that the florist has a telephone number you can call to track your order;
- Check that the florist offers a wide range of flowers for every occasion.
Tips on shopping around
Browse through the choice available with several online florists and compare prices. When comparing prices, check if delivery costs are included or separate.
Make sure that your choice of online florist operates secure payment.
Here are a few things you should watch out for:
- Selection and variety of flowers The florist should carry a wide range of flowers for different occasions and budgets
- Quality of flowers A quality guarantee can give you piece of mind that what you see on the web site is what is sent. Reputable florists will make every effort to make sure your flowers are delivered at their best.
- Professional organisation membership Reputable florists will display signs of membership or quality trademarks on their web site. Look out for these.
- Creativity and service It is important that the flowers you send make a good first impression. Good florists will arrange flowers in a creative and impressive way and deliver it so that it arrives perfectly.
- Personal touch Online florists should let you send a personal message with your flowers. Some allow you to set reminders for birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions so that you don't forget.
Checking delivery prices and date
Always order a specific delivery date with plenty of notice, to ensure the correct order is prepared, any specific flowers can be ordered in, with time to amend any details if necessary. Sometimes, you can order by a certain time for same day deliveries.
With regards to delivery prices, some online florists will include this within the price of the flowers, whereas others may require an additional payment. It is important to keep this in mind when comparing prices.
What to expect
Firstly you need to choose your flowers from the selection available.
Once you have chosen the floral arrangement you would like to order, select the specific size, colours and styles for that item. You can sometimes order for guaranteed morning delivery, usually for extra cost. Click the order button to add the item (and all the choices you have made for that item) to your basket.
Then you will be asked for your message you want to be sent with your flowers. Bear in mind that the card sent with your flowers is business card size.
You can keep a track on the flowers and/or presents you have selected in your shopping basket, and can amend the list at any time.
Once you are happy with your flowers order, you can proceed to the 'checkout', where you complete your delivery requirements.
Most credit and debit cards are accepted, but you must ensure that the florist offers secure payment, so they never receive your credit card details in any way - it is all done securely through a banking server, often shown by a padlock symbol.
Once you have placed your order, you should soon receive a confirmation e-mail from the florist. If you don't, e-mail the online florist, as you may have entered the wrong e-mail address on your order form.
What to do if things go wrong
If you experience problems, such as early delivery, late delivery, non-delivery, poor quality flowers or not to value, inappropriate item delivered, wrong item delivered, etc., you must contact the florist as soon as possible, to enable inspection of the flowers if necessary. You may be entitled to a full or partial refund.
Whatever the occasion or message you want to relay, shopping for flowers as a present from an online United Kingdom florist is an easy, convenient way to buy flowers.