Customer Service and dealing with problems
Holiday cottage owners and self catering accommodation booking agencies do try and make sure your stay is enjoyable and trouble free. Problems can arise and if you want something done, these guidelines should tell you what to do. Please note that different holiday cottage owners and self catering accommodation booking agencies have their own rules and methods which may differ from these guidelines.
- If you are unhappy with your booking or the way it has been handled, please inform the holiday cottage owner or self catering accommodation booking agency immediately.
- The contract is between you the Hirer, and the Home Owner, so if any problems arise during your stay, you should contact the Home Owner or Key holder immediately, who should put the matter right as soon as possible.
- If the matter is not resolved, let the booking agency know as soon as possible. Complaints not reported at the time may not be dealt with after your return.
- If you have an urgent problem, please contact the homeowner or key holder. If you cannot contact the Home Owner or the Key holder, telephone the booking agency. Contact details will be given to you with the invoice and directions.
- The holiday cottage owner or self catering accommodation booking agency will do whatever possible to rectify the matter. If they are unable to do this and in their opinion, your complaint is justified, they will try to find alternative accommodation for you. This may involve an increase or decrease in the price paid, depending on the price category of the alternative property. It may not be possible to re-locate you so they will arrange a full or partial reimbursement of the price paid.