Located in the picturesque Dorset village of Loders, this quaint, traditional stone workers cottage, has been transformed into a comfortable holiday cottage with charm and character. Once thatched, but now under a slate roof, the accommodation is ideal for families of up to six, or friends sharing and has outstanding views across a large garden and onto the popular walker’s haven of Boarsbarrow Hill, with its abundance of birds and wildlife. Set within a rural, conservation area, Farthing Cottage has a great deal to offer those wishing for a quiet base to explore this area of outstanding natural beauty. There is something for all the family and more besides - nearly 300 coastal and countryside walks to choose from and a busy calendar of local festivals and events throughout the year. Guests will receive a delightful welcome pack and a very warm welcome from the owners.
Front door into small entrance lobby and door into open plan sitting room with bay window, 2 two-seater sofas (one a sofa-bed), easy chair, new wood burning stove, TV with DVD/video, stereo CD/radio/cassette player and dining area. Large dining table with church pew and seating for 6 in alcove with shelving housing a selection of books, DVDs and videos. Kitchen/breakfast room with French doors to the patio and the garden. The newly fitted kitchen has an electric oven, ceramic hob, single drainer sink, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. Open tread wooden stairs, with handrails, from the living room lead up to a small landing. Master bedroom with 4ft 6in bed, curtained hanging space, shelf units and chest of drawers. Small double bedroom with 4ft 6in bed and far reaching views to Boarsbarrow Hill. Bunk bedroom with 3ft bunks and views. New bathroom with bath, electric shower over, basin and WC.
Patio area. Large, enclosed garden with garden shed, garden table and chairs, picnic bench and barbecue.
Parking: Ample parking on road opposite.
- Included: Bed linen, (not towels, but these can be provided at a charge by arrangement with owner), travel cot, high chair, stair gate, heating (night storage and convector), electricity and first basket of logs free, further supplies at £5 per basket.
- Telephone: No telephone
- Security Deposit: £150.00
- Pets: Up to three well behaved dogs welcome.
- Local Facilities: Shop, P/O and good family butcher, just under a mile in the neighbouring village of Bradpole. Village pub 100 yards. Beach West Bay and Chesil Beach 4 miles. Bridport 2 miles.
- Please Note: Babies and young children are welcome but please be aware that the landing and stairs are open in places and may not be suitable for toddlers.
Map and Directions
Fuel Offer! Stay at this property for a week between now and the end of November and we'll give you up to £90 in fuel vouchers!
<br><a href="http://www.toadhallcottages.co.uk/petrol-offer.html" target="_blank">Click here for the offer details</a>
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Short breaks