Colmer, a beautiful 18th Century country estate is set in 28 acres of private grounds that include woodland, a fishing lake and meadows. Centrally situated in the heart of the South Hams, close to many beautiful beaches, this is a wonderful holiday destination with fantastic facilities on the doorstep. Whilst there is plenty to occupy busy people at Colmer, there are many places within the extensive grounds of this lovely location for those seeking peace and tranquillity in an idyllic location. Pub (with good bar food and restaurant) and shop 300 metres. Beaches 6 miles.
- Outdoor kidney shaped swimming pool (heated June, July and August).
- An excellent indoor heated (all year) swimming pool.
- Newly surfaced all weather tennis court (please bring own equipment).
- Croquet lawn.
- Opportunities to play basketball, football, table-tennis and boules.
- Coarse fishing and picnicking by the private lake. (Fishing tackle and
- Water garden with board walk.
- Magical walled garden with play equipment, a boules pit and picnic
- Fitness gymnasium with a good range of equipment.
- On site payphone.
- Guest membership link with Dartmouth Golf and Country Club
(approx. 15 minutes drive) with a 25% discount on access to all leisure
facilities in addition to the championship standard golf course.
- Visitor information and laundry facilities.
Gatehouse East, situated on the east side of the gateway that opens out to the outdoor swimming pool, is an attractive bright and spacious cottage. Very comfortably furnished the cottage enjoys a suntrap garden and is perfect for families wanting to indulge in all that Colmer has to offer.
Front door opens directly into the spacious living room with a comfortable seating area, large sofa, 2 chairs, flat screen Freeview TV and DVD. The kitchen/dining area overlooks the pool and is very well equipped with fitted units, hob and electric fan oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and freezer. On site laundry facilities with washing machine and tumble dryer. Stairs to landing. Double bedroom with 5ft bed and hanging area. Twin bedroom with 3ft beds and pool views. Bathroom with bath, shower attachment, basin and WC.
The cottage has its own south facing garden area with terrace, a lawn, garden furniture and barbecue.
Parking: One designated parking place and plenty of visitor parking.
Included: Bed linen, towels (not swimming towels), travel cot, stair gate, all on site facilities, central heating (gas) and electricity.
Telephone: Wi-Fi, no telephone, payphone on site.
Map and Directions
Special offer for couples booking throughout Nov, Dec and Jan (excluding New Year) £280 per week. Please call us to book 01548 202020