Lower Tideford Farm Cottages are a group of five country cottages provided with excellent amenities and set around a courtyard deep in South Devon countryside, a truly peaceful spot with beautiful views over green rolling hills. It is 4 miles to historic Dartmouth with the spectacular River Dart, the historic towns of Totnes, Kingsbridge and Salcombe are within easy reach and Dartmoor National Park, one of England's last great wildernesses, is a short drive away. Peaceful and secluded in 30 acres of rolling farmland the holiday cottages are named after local towns and villages in Devon.
Converted to a high standard from traditional Devon stone barns the cottages retain many original beams and trusses and are all equipped with dishwashers, microwaves, radio/CD players and have comfortable beds with duvets and bed linen provided.
There is plenty to do at Lower Tideford from relaxing in the courtyard, enjoying the lovely views across the valley or trying some of the ball games on offer. The cottages are ideal for families who are looking for a perfect, very comfortable, base in which to relax and unwind and enjoy some of the best South Hams' beaches close at hand and some really excellent pubs and restaurants in the area.
- Shared grounds of 30 acres, with sitting out area with furniture, barbecue, fenced stream and pond in the valley.
- Shared games barn with football, table tennis, basket ball, badminton and volleyball.
- Cycle storage
- Shared laundry room with washing machine, coin operated tumble dryer and chest freezer.
- Local wildlife that includes badger setts, hares, rabbits and a resident barn owl.
- Access to footpaths for walking.
Applicable to all cottages:
- Included: Bed linen, not towels (which can be hired at £4 per person per week), cot and high chair (by arrangement), electricity and central heating (oil), except The Tuckenhay which has electric heating.
- Security Deposit : £100 per property payable to the owner.
- Telephone: No telephone. Mobile reception fair.
- Smoking: No smoking
- Parking: Ample
- Local Facilities: Beach Blackpool Sands 7 miles. Shops, pubs and restaurants in Dartmouth 4 miles. Pub in Cornworthy a mile.
The Cornworthy is stylishly furnished reverse level accommodation.
Entrance from the courtyard to the ground floor. Two comfortable south facing bedrooms, one double with 4ft 6in bed and a twin bedroom with 3ft beds. Bathroom with over-bath power shower, hand basin and WC.
First floor: Attractive and spacious living/dining room with wooden floor, Freeview TV and DVD, high vaulted ceiling with exposed beams and south facing picture window with country views. Archway to well equipped farmhouse style kitchen with wooden floor, dining table to seat 4, integral electric oven and hob, dishwasher, larder fridge with freezer compartment and microwave.
Map and Directions
Book a week from the 20th or 21st of December and get 25% Off!!
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Short breaks